Saturday, October 19, 2019

Yarn intimidation

My local heritageweaversandspinners Guild received a huge donation of wonderful knitting yarns.

Not a great photo, is there a way to take a good picture though plastic bags,  should try the Museum setting on the camera.


There were about 50 bins of yarn from 2 donors.

We get donations quite often from members and non-members, yarn, fibre and equipment but this
was the biggest.

I bought more yarn than I thought I would, I already have stash beyond life expectancy.  But I could not resist.

 Who could resist Cashmere, I don't think I have ever knit with Cashmere before.

This is Casbah, a Merino, Cashmere, and nylon sock yarn.
Lovely colours, that's what attracts me first, and Noro always has the best colours.

I have two problems.  yes these are first world problems and it embarrasses me a bit to write about this.  But I can deal with these problems.  

First is choice,  I feel like all this yarn is surrounding me both mentally and on the bedroom floor and I can't decide what to do with it, starting with where will it go.  And it is getting pushy and demanding.  It's almost all in Raverly, with pictures.  So now I have to put it away and choose what I am going to start knitting.  there are a lot of hats, scarves and shawls in my future,  at least 3 sweaters.  I want a shawl/cowl/hat set for myself.

But I need to finish a plain black sweater,  I know I'll love this and wear it but it's a long dull slog. 

And the donor loved bright colours and multicoloured yarns.  Will I have to add neutral solids to the stash?  Fortunately I have kilograms of white and gray fibre to spin for neutrals.

This is an Alberta produced BFL from Rosebud River Fibremills
  

No comments:

Post a Comment